Menopause/Itching/pins & needles/Crawlies

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello.... many women on here have spoke of the itching'...everywhere, pins and needles feeling and the creepy Crawley feeling. like ants are crawling on skin. There are actual names for this.

'There are other rarer skin conditions you may also experience during menopause, such as paresthesia. Paresthesia is the sensation of tingling, numbness, or “pins and needles” on the skin. A few women may also experience formication. Formication is a type of paresthesia described as the sensation of insects crawling on the skin.'

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have been looking for this as I have had this all day in my hands and feet. Usually it will only last a little while but today its been an all day event and the fear is starting. Ive taken Magnesium and my vitamins and still its continued. I don't know what else to do and feeling helpless at this point.

• Posted

Hi Shannon:

Did you get any relief from this? I'm having the same thing all over.....

• Posted

Hi I've been having the horrible feeling of something crawling all over my back and front only in bed at night. Did you find anything to relieve these symptoms driving me crazy with lack of sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.