Menopause Psychological Problems

Posted , 15 users are following.

Anyone think this is true?

Psychological symptoms of menopause

Studies indicate that many cases of depression, for example, relate more to personal circumstances than to the menopause itself. Studies have also indicated that women who are generally happy with their lives experience fewer problems during menopause.

I'd say i was normal woman, bit fed up at times with husband, children etc but I'd say I was generally happy with life, then this hell has happened!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

All I can say is I am not one to suffer from depression yet over the past few years I have felt incredibly down and tearful some days for no reason that I could think of, then the next day I would have my period and be fine, so, no, I don't think it is all in our minds but caused by a condition called menopause.
  • Posted

Wow everyone I feel like you are all following me and writing a book! Although it is nice knowing we as individuals are not alone, it's scary knowing we may face up to 14 years of feeling like a psycho lol. I too have 2 wonderful supportive children and a gorgeous 4 month grandaughter (sure I'm being stalked), but as I also have fibromyalgia and cfs I never can work out which symptoms are hormonal and which are due to fibro as all the same to me!
  • Posted

Hi everyone,

I was absolutely fine until the Menopause started. Always been a rock for my family , as others have said , coped with death, heal t h scares of loved ones , etc

Def. Menopause , dam thing šŸ˜ 

• Posted

Going by that way of thinking I should be suicidal then ! -

I was -

1)Ā Bleeding every day for 18 months (fibroids) (heavy - going through a large maternity pad in minutes

2) Had Full hysterectomy due to complications

3) Had and still have very active Meniere's disease with vertigo, deafness and tinnitus.Ā 

4) Mum bed ridden for 9 years with leukaemia and dementia, then passing away.

5) Dad struggling to cope with mum, then he was diagnosed with colon cancer which had spread to liver. He died 3 months after diagnosis.

6) Having to wait 9 months to get "Deputyship" of mum's affairs so I could pay her care bills, dad's funeral and household needs.

7) Having to fight for social services to clean my mum properly - times they left her with motions in place - I saw them, the images are etched in my mind.

8) Doctors not listening to my pleas for help

9) Having to move my mum from a BUPA care home as they had broken my mum's hip - she was paralised - the only thing she could move was her left hand - not enough to hold anything. (her bone density was quite good so I dread to think how it happened)

10) seeing my mum for the first time when dad and I got her home from hospital - she weighed 4 and a half stones !

I could go onĀ 

I'm not depressed ( I have seen two psychologists) I'm just angry with certain people on this planet.

In fact I've found that I'm much more forcefull now and not afraid of anything, even though I am now disabled and cannot do the things I would like to.

Oh and my mum went through a bad menopause, but was really happy with dad and had no other worries until her leukaemia came along

Ā 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.