Menopause Stages

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi anybody knows if you go straight into Post menopause after Peri menopause or there's another stage before that..because I get different answers from this let me know.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria,

I'd certainly like to hear other woman's opinions.  What I would say is YES, there are stages of menopause.  I actually did really well for several years after my periods stopped, but then as my natural production of these hormones continued to decline, things changed pretty drastically.  I'm 61 now, and boy do I look it.  Amazing how things do change.  Energy, desire, interests, motivation, stamina, looks, physical abilities, strength.....you name it.  

But i'd sure like to hear what other women have to say on this issue.  

• Posted

You hit it right on the spot. I can't even believe how much i've changed in everyone of those arass in the last ten yrs. 

• Posted

Oh, I second or third this request!   I'm 52, in perimenopause now (newly so), and would love to know the road ahead.  I feel like I'm crazy in some new way daily and this discussion is saving my sanity (and lots of futile runs to doctors).   Thank you thank you thank you ladies.    What happens after menopause?   Is there some return to normalcy?   I know our bodies age and some things are inevitable but I'd love to have some even days again.   Hope lives in the future smile     

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.