menopause symp and VA, Mona Lisa

Posted , 5 users are following.

i was prescribed Effexor by MDAnderson  after cancer 10 years ago and it works to stop sweating, stop depression.

Had my first Mona Lisa treatnent for VA and feel better already, It is also supposed to help Lichen Scerosis.

I am disgusted that insurance won't cover this, says it is cosmetic!!,, want to find somegroup that will consider class action lawsuit. If a man had atrophied testicles and skin tearing on his penis it would be covered! Anyone with ideas? FDA approved this Dec. 2014 for treatment of Vaginal atropy 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

whats mona lisa treatment? never heard of it.
    • Posted

MonaLisa Touch is a painless and minimally invasive laser treatment for vaginal rejuvenation. By gently acting on tissue of the vaginal mucosa, the laser stimulates the production of collagen, improving the functionality of the treated area and restoring the proper trophic balance to the mucous membrane.
  • Posted

I have the same question?
    • Posted

MonaLisa Touch is a painless and minimally invasive laser treatment for vaginal rejuvenation. By gently acting on tissue of the vaginal mucosa, the laser stimulates the production of collagen, improving the functionality of the treated area and restoring the proper trophic balance to the mucous membrane.
  • Posted

Sally, this is a UK forum, and more than half the people on this site are from the UK or EU, with a very small percentage from other countries. Who's the FDA, I never heard of them. Good luck.

• Posted

FDA is Federal Drug Admin which has to  approve all drugs for use in US. This Monna Lisa is costing me $3000 for  3 treatments. .because the insurance companies here call it a "cosmetic" procedure. As if fixing tearing skin and pain in the area was a cosmetic thing. I have severe atrophy, ripping tissue, no HRT allowed because of cancer and contant other problem down there. As I said, If a man had shriveled testicles and penis  whose slightest irritation cause skin to rip, plus pain, it would be considered almost Liife threatening.

• Posted

Sally, anyone is welcome from all over the world to discuss, share, moan, cry, whatever you feel. Problems, symptoms or remedies, we all love to hear from anyone.

Wish you well with your treatment.

• Posted

'The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is a regulatory agency in the United States which is responsible for ensuring the safety of an array of consumer products. It is estimated by the agency that for every dollar Americans spend, 25 cents of that dollar goes to products regulated and managed by the FDA. This organization has a huge scope, and it plays a critical role in a number of industries, from pharmaceuticals to the practice of veterinary medicine.'

• Posted

Thanks. I am wondering if I should take a vacation to Canada or somewhere, get a nice hotel, and get ML treatment, I bet it would still be cheaper than here.
    • Posted

Thanks. Good to see you have an organization that looks after it's people.

• Posted

I would think every Country had a government agency who regulates Food and drugs such as the FDA here in the US. I would hope!
    • Posted

Sure, India said no to GMO's and so did France and Germany. Their food  regulator's work towards the betterment of it's people. From what I've heard about the fda, that's not the case.

• Posted

***recently heard from friends who were explaining to me what the fda does and doesn't do. They sound pretty scary to me.

• Posted

The biggest complaint is they take too long to approve. But they have approved the Mona Lisa treatment. It is the insurance companies who are balking. However, I don't object about FDA diligence. For example, During the Thalidomide crisis several decades ago, they would not approve it until more testing had been done. As a result, the US did not have the tragic result of babies born with missing  limbs and deformities  that other countries had.

• Posted

Well someone has to keep its citizens safe, but its run by the govt and we can't always trust them.

• Posted

Maybe so, but that was way back in the 50's & 60's, todays fda is completely different. Now they just want to kill everyone with mercury based vaccines and GMO's

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.