Menopause symptoms after 10 years post total hysterectomy.

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had total hysterectomy 11 years ago, suddenly, last year started having all these weird symptoms such as serious hot flashes, burning mouth syndrome, breast pain etc...

Is anyone there who has experienced similar symptoms?

I thank you very much for your support.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had hysterectomy 27 years ago at age if 23, was left with one ovary, I suffer breast tenderness, aching muscles, dizzyness, hot flashes and excessive sweats, but never a burning mouth

• Posted

hi Suzanne , i feel for you i really do . Im in a similar situation , i had a total hysterectomy 6 years ago everything is gone , ovaries included . I was hoping i was getting better - im not ! Im still having horrid flushes , terrible insomnia , joints that hurt and crunch especially my knees , i havent got the burning mouth but ive got tongue issues , seen the dentist through sheer fear and terror - nothing wrong . My tongue burns and stings so probably one of the 66 symptoms ( have you looked up Menopause 66 symptoms its really interesting ) . Im afraid i dont know the answers as ive tried everything trust me but im right there with you if that helps !

• Posted

Hi, Foxy. I'm nearly 5 years post surgery and am still suffering, just the same as you. It would be good to be in touch. I hope you see this. Sending hugs. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.