Menopause symptoms- I have the lot!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just read this is an article:  Guess what???? I have them all.  Menopause is defined as the end of a woman's monthly flow of menstrual blood and is the result of a natural decline in ovarian function. Signs and symptoms of menopause may affect a woman's psychology, sense of well-being, nervous system, heart, brain, muscles and gastrointestinal system. Some women experience one or more symptoms and some women experience no symptoms. Common complaints involve hot flashes, perspiration, irritability, dizziness, numbness, fatigue, nervousness, heart palpitations, vaginal dryness, nausea, gas, bloating, urinary incontinence, constipation, diarrhea, muscle pain, depression and insomnia.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The herb Wild Yam.
    • Posted

Hi Georgia

Where do I get it?  Please tell me more.  Have you been taking it and how has it helped?

Thanks

Jobiggrin

• Posted

I didn't want to take HRT but I was battling with symptoms. I came across a supplemnt women were raving about but it was expensive and I knew I'd have to keep buying it, would've cost a fortune!

So I looked at it's ingredents and the main one was Wild Yam. I buy it in tincture form from my herbal supplier; they might sell it in health food shops. It really eased menopause. I'm nearly over it now but I still keep it by my bed for the occassional hot flush when I get sudden stress.

It was several years ago that I researched it so I don't remember all of it's properties but you could do that. I just know I wouldn't have wanted to go through it without it. 

You have to take it regularly, at least 3 times per day. 

Hope this helps! razz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.