menopause symptoms returning after 8 years

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies, anyone experienced after several years of no hot flushes and sweats that these returned. I started the menopause at 57, im now 65, the last few days ive been coming over hot all over and really sweaty, the other morning it happened in bed, my legs and my forhead actually were wet with sweat. Also ive noticed my breasts are very tender and one hurts, my bras are feeling to small by the end of the day as well. Ive never had HRT exept for a brief period about two years ago where i used vagifem but had to stop through side affects.  I had a friend this happened too, all the dreadfull symptoms returned after years after she had finished the menopause, she would be so bad her under wear would become soaked, any idear why this should  start happening agiain and what to do about it.

​Sue  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue

I am 61 and am post meno 9 years. My hot flashes never left except for a time I was taking something for my stomach. Weird......

I just don't get in. I never was on hrt. Just went through it all on my own. The worst part is the anxiety that has reared its ugly head back in January.

I really do not know what to tell you. I've heard it can go on for 15 years after your last period........

• Posted

As long as you have ovaries, you will be producing hormones. When you get hot flashes it means your estrogen levels are low and fluctuating. You can well have hot flashes into your 70's.

Did you recently start having caffeine or chocolate or sugar? If so cut them out.

• Posted

Yes im back on and addicted to chocolate, but not just like the last week but the last few months, eating lots of jaffa cakes as well too and plain choccy biscuits. hubby keeps buying them .

​Hot flahes till 70, your kidding, how awful, but why would i suddenly start like now after years without or is  it the estrogen is still reclining graduallly over the years. Yes i have both my overies.

• Posted

The chocolate has caffeine and caffeine is a hormone distuptor, this could well set off your ovaries to start producing hormones as well. It took about 2-3 months for the hot flashes to begin again after I started having coffee, once I stopped the hot flashes went away. Also, be careful that the cakes, biscuits and cookies don't have soy in them. Soy will also bring on the hot flashes as well as the chocolate.

• Posted

Hi Susan I am 60 years old and 9 post meno and was doing pretty good for a couple of years then got hit with it all again these last few months hot flushes, trapped gas, rib pain, uti's and anxiety through the roof. It's my understanding that this happens quite often ...I thought I was coming to the end of it all silly me but apparently we get these symptoms well into our 60's and hot flushes into our 70's frown

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.