menopause symptons

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am going through the peri/menopause for a few months now I have noticed that i have had increased phlegm constantly bringing it up but also with a cough is anyone else going through this and how long does it go on for 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have the same issues wondering the same thing.
    • Posted

thank you at least im not alone ive had this for five weeks plus now I have just started taking sinufour from holland and barrett its a herbal nasal spray
  • Posted

Hello . I'm so glad that you have said about this as I am suffering terribly from catarrh in my nose and mainly really thick in my throat , but I haven't had a cold . My ears play up now and again with it as if they are blocked . I have had an uneasy almost acidy stomach , but wonder if this is because I keep swallowing the catarrh . I feel generally under the weather at the moment , but I am due on at any time this week ( never know exactly when ) . This morning had a really bad back ache and stomach ache , but still nothing . I had another of my bad monthly migraines that I am still recovering from at the weekend and I'm concerned as my stomach hasn't recovered or my appetite returned . Sorry to go on, but I worry so and I seem to have a constant flow of different symptoms , stomach mainly . I am just so over all of this and the anxiety but I wonder if you almost make the symptoms worse by keep thinking about them . My current thing is being obsessed with this acidy stomach . I'm convinced I have an ulcer from all the worrying or something worse . Thank you for reading my waffling , but I can't keep talking about it to my husband and daughter as I'm sure they're fed up of hearing about my ailments . I've been like this for a year and a half . I'm 49 and I think I'm a hypochondriac of going mad and generally FED UP !

• Posted

Hang in there! I've had 46 or 47 of the perimenopause symptoms out of 66 or i think they added more. I can't wait to feel better. I don't have them as bad as i did last year into the early part of this year. Didn't think HORMONES could be disrupted this bad. All i can say God got us!! If you worry about your stomach get checked out but I have stock in Tums and Rolaids. Good luck

• Posted

It's mainly the catarrh with the cough have just been changed to lanzoprazol but at the moment no change I was suffering g a bit with my sinuses a couple of months ago so I'm baffled I don't know whether the cough agitates the phlegm/catarrh or vice versa I think I'm only just about a year into menopause at the moment God certainly is testing us lol lol

• Posted

Dear Jane

I was worried I had an ulcer or something but in peri we can suffer alot more with acid reflux etc and I have a small hiatas hernia which didn't help and I got gastitis in peri. Lack of appetite and nausea and lost weight! The excess reflux in itself can cause nausea. I asked for an endoscopy to see what was going on, if you are suffering I would too, I had tablets for the gastitis. Caffeine and fats can affect it too x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.