Menopause tension headaches

Posted , 7 users are following.

ANYONE experiencing tension headaches in menopause. Have had this chronically for 8 MONTHS.

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

Yes Susan but mine seems to be in my neck, shoulders and face. Like sinus pain. Having an eye test next week as I know I need new glasses. I also suffer with TMJ (grinding teeth etc) Exercises normally help mine but I can't really shift it this time.

Is yours purely the head?

Do you grind your teeth?

xx

• Posted

hi Terri

yes just my head. although i do have tight neck shoulder muscles which can be contributing to these headaches. i dont grind my teeth. but also not sleeping much in night so everything i suppose can be causing these headsches.

xx

• Posted

Hi Susan, have you found anything that helps? Going for a walk seems to ease a lot of my symptoms/anxieties. Even though it's shortlived, at least I know I'm not going mad. What about acupuncture/massage? Are you in the UK?

• Posted

hi Terri

AS you say yes going for walls does help temporarily though i try go everyday.

have been doing physio massage accupuncture past 6 months does help but then tense up agsin.

im not in the uk im in australia.

• Posted

Hi, yes I get them alot and painkillers dont seem to work, I agree about the walking it defo helps ease it off when im out walking my dog.

• Posted

hi Susan, I have been getting constant tension headaches and migraines for the last two months. I’ve had lots of blood tests etc And everything is coming back clear so I can only think it is Peri menopause related. Painkillers hardly seem to work at all and I’m having to have time off work sick because of them, Which is a worry in its self.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.