Menopause weight gain

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, just after some other ladies experiences. I had total hysterectomy 2 years ago now, my 5 days in hospital and with having a massive tumour removed, I was nearly 3 stone lighter, in 5 days! But, I began to put the weight on. 3 stone crept back on in 2 years. I did a strict diet for 6 wks and lost over a stone, but realistically I can't do that particular diet forever more. I am aware of what I eat, what is healthy, lots of research etc and what can help menopause symptoms. I do have hot flushes, which are bareable, I get tired at certain times of the day, and worst is I have really lost my libido. I am 50. My real concern is the weight gain. I am now 17 stone. I am going to ask my Dr next week, hopefully, about taking HRT, really to see if it will help my body stop storing fat. I can see that this fat is different to before. Visceral fat I believe it is called. I have got chubby, like I have a fat suit on. I was never slim but this is different since my hysterectomy so I am assuming it's hormonal. Do you think my weight gain could change with HRT, and of course continue with healthy eating diet and exercise. Getting quite scared now as never been this chubby or heavy. Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.