Menstrual Been weird for the past three months

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was wondering if someone can help me with my problem. Starting in May, around the time I usually get my period, my period was awfully heavy (had to change every hour). Then in June around the 9th I started to spot for a week. I did go to the doctor for this, she checked the inside of my vagina and said there was nothing wrong. It did go away and I had a late period on July 4th that was normal. I again had a period on July 27, again when I usually have my periods but this time it was lighter than normal with spotting at the end. August began and around 10-20 day mark I had spotting again but it lasted a day so I chalked it done to mid-cycle bleeding. Now, though since it is around my time I am supposed to be on my period I am just experiencing spotting for two days. I have booked for a doctor appointment for my cough but I will mention this during that time. In the mean time can someone tell me what is happening and should I be really worried? (cause I am).  

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking any birth control

• Posted

My 15 yr old daughter was having crazy heavy periods .she is a virgin also and I put her on BC when she turned 14 .periods arnt as bad ,cramps either and it regulated her. I would say get on a low dose estrogen birth control and take it .normally it may take a few months for you to really see a big difference. But birth control is for many things ,just not preventing pregnancy..
  • Posted

And her periods went from being 7 days ..to 4 days.
    • Posted

The thing that worries me is that I am already 18 years old and my period has been normal (around the same days) for half a year now. My period usually lasts about 5-6 days. 
    • Posted

But are you still having issues of spotting in between those periods?
    • Posted

not like the one I experienced in June. This month I had some in the middle of my cycle but as I remember it lasted a day. Now I am spotting when I should be getting my period. 
    • Posted

I would honestly try the birth control pills first and see if it helps. Try to stay on them for maybe 6 months. If that doesn't change I would see a GOOD Gyn dr. But I would try the BC first ..good luck 
  • Posted

Was going to tell ya ..I had the same issue with my periods and spotting so much in between them while I was on BC. For some reason BC pills ,IUD,depo isn't for me .I kept getting ovarian cyst. I had to get off it after being on it for 3 years. Not everyone has issues with BC.and it may take care of this issue for you. Low estroven is what I was on and it was good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.