Menstrual irregularities after COVID?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I contracted COVID-19 back in mid December, 2020. It seemed to be a mild enough case, initially, but I have been having some Long COVID issues since then, including possible menstrual irregularities.

I was smack-dab on a 28 day cycle, and like clockwork, my period arrived on December 31st, 2020. But January was a sudden surprise; it came on the 25th. Then in February, it was the 20th. I was now suddenly on a 25 day cycle and couldn't figure out why.

The problem is it is now March 22nd, and I still don't have my period. The last time I was intimate with my husband was February 5th (used protection, like always) and I had a typical period for me on the 20th of that month; heavy for the first 3 days, tapering off for the next 4. I also noticed that it is harder for me to tell when I am ovulating than it used to be... because to be frank it was always plain as day. But this past month I couldn't pick it out as easily as I usually can.

The other really weird thing is that for the past 2 months I have almost no PMS symptoms at all, and I used to run the gamut with them... I had EVERYTHING. Now I have no precursors to tell me when "lady time" is on the way.

Has having COVID messed up my menstrual cycle?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.