Menstrual pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

For the past almost year, I have had hard periods off and on. I say off and on bc it isn't every month. I can go several months without any pain, no cramping whatsoever. I also spot and do not have regular periods. This past period which started the very end of September with my PMS symptoms and has been ongoing for a little over a week has been particularly painful at times.

I had an internal and external ultrasound done several months ago, nothing found. I've had two heavy periods this month...one was in late January and this one now. The bleeding has almost completely stopped...just spotting, but I have a strange thing happening and I can't find any information on why this is occurring and if this is normal.

Almost every time I have a bowel movement, my menstrual cramps will return after I go. Sometimes immediately, sometimes within a half hour. There's no rhyme or reason to it, bc like I said it doesn't happen every time. I usually take 400mg of ibuprofen and the pain subsides and doesn't occur again for sometimes another 12+ hours or until I have another BM. I am a 41 year old female (42 in April) and it was suggested to me that I might be in peri-menopause. I'm not sure if this is the case, if anyone has had this happen to them. I didn't start experiencing intense cramping like this during my period until this past year. And it doesn't happen every cycle - In fact this is the third time this year it's happened, it skips every few months.

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry I meant to say I had two heavy periods this YEAR, not this month lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.