Menstruation after laparoscopy, how long does it take?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hallo,

I had my laparoscopy on the 25th of July 2017, after the laparoscopy I bleeded for one week then it stopped. But before it, I saw my circle on the 16th of July andUp till now, I have no sign of my days. Although we have been TTC as my Dr. Said one week after the lap I can keep tryin TTC.

I don't want to run a test, I thought I should still wait that it will come.

Has anyone experienced this before?

What do you think?

Please chat me up.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I have had mine done on the same day as you and same procedure. I haven't bled after the operation and had my first period this month on the 16. With regards to being intimate a week after the operation I think is too soon as your uterus is not healed. I was told no sex for 30 days and after 2-3 moths I can try for a baby as the uterus will be healed. Ask another doctor about how soon after the operation you can have sex just to be sure you won't cause more damage to the womb. 

• Posted

Hi Camelia,

I am now on my period 4weeks after my OP, it's is dark red in colour but not flowing heavy and no pains yet. I don't know if I should complain or if it is normal. Pls let me know,was yours the same?

Or what did you experience?

• Posted

Hi Jenny,  the first 4h for me were very painful with clots and after was settled same as you, normal colour and a bit heavier then normal and no 

pain either, so you are fine. 

• Posted

Thanks Camelia. My Dr. Said I can keep trying after one of the operation. I don't feel pains at all, am strong. I only experience urinating frequently than before and pains in my nipple. I think I should just visit my gynecologist thus week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.