Mental Breakdown

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had never had an STI in my life, then in November 2023 i was diagnosed with GHSV2 and trichomoniasis and it has literally ruined my life. I had them both for 6 months+ before showing symptoms or finding out. For both i am extremely worried i have passed them to my daughter obviously via non sexual route, i will explain.

Herpes -

I live in fear every day that i already have or inevitably will pass it to my daughter, prior to my diagnosis i am unsure if i had an outbreak on my bum & thighs which i do now, or even if i didn't through shedding as during the time of not knowing my thighs in particular come in to contact with my daughters thighs & bottom through means of playing games where she would be just in undies and rock back & forth on my lap to roll over & my thighs would also be exposed, meaning skin to skin contact. We would sleep in bed together with just undies on so another form of skin to skin contact.

Other people have said they get their outbreaks on their arms and legs so im worried about having anything on show and transmitting it that way as you shed from the place you have your outbreaks.

Terri Warren who has studied herpes for 30 years states 'warm water and soap will kill the virus on surfaces and clothes' so it could have been on my underwear whilst we would be in bed together & transmitted that way?

My daughter had a spot come up on her bum then again on her bum & thigh and my mind goes straight to i have given her herpes and theres no way of knowing as doctors dont test for it here.

i have had continuous itching and tingling around my mouth and face but no actual coldsore to get swabbed to be able to confirm if i caught it there too.

Trichomoniasis -

Have been told different things by different professionals, some say it can only be passed sexually others say it can live outside the body on moist objects and can be passed that way but a low risk, but still a risk! Again cant get her tested as its done at a sexual health clinic and shes too young

Beside myself with anxiety from not knowing if i have passed her these & will continue to live in anxiety that i might pass her herpes!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.