Mental health

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had mental health problems 6 years.in past 12 months I have tried commit suicide several times. Attacked my son with knife.attempted to run people over on 2 occasions. Been in mental hospital for couple weeks. Do I give this information to my pip questionaire

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I woud just stick to the facts, like you have been in Hospital for a number of Week due to agressive mental health issues. If you can, go to Citizens Advice, they will help you write what is needed on your PIP. Further more, how old is your Son? If you intend to hurt someone, or your self. Your Doctor/Mental Health worker, has a duty of care to provide you with the relevant treatment.
    • Posted

May son is 20. Everything I have said is on paper and fact. I was with crisis team for 3 weeks
  • Posted

Sorry, I probably phrased it wrong, What I ment was, just write what your Dr diagnosed you with. Did you discharge yourself? Can your Son attend with you if you went to your next appointment? That back up hopefully would get you re commited.
    • Posted

I've got all letters from doctors and mental health psychiatrist reports. And a medical which says I am unable to drive due to danger to other people
  • Posted

I would put all that in. As I said, thry and get to Citizens Advic, they are very helpful. But it really sounds like you should be In care.
  • Posted

Hi Mondeey1

Just wondering if you have a CPN or other professional around you.

It sounds like you need a lot of help with your problems, and I'm sorry

to read how bad things are.

Coming to the pip I would tell them about the problems your having

But I would be carefully how you say or write things. Definitely don't tell them about the knife

And your son. You can tell them about the car and the feelings your having.

Be open and direct but also be carefully.

If you are having a face of with the pip take someone with you

Who knows you and your situation, the best bet will be a professional

Hope all goes well and good luck.

I'm hear if you need to talk:-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.