mental health anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok So alot of my physical anxiety symptoms seemed to of calmed down besides blurred vision but my mental health is bad the anxiety is there anI just can't seem to get on with things happily I just feel doomed to feel this way forever, my thoughts r just racing and I just keep thinking negative things, will my meds help this I've been on a higher dose of citalopram 8days now, i just want to feel normal or could I possibly be stuck in this state forever? i

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

8 days is not really long enough for you to feel any real difference, in 2 to 3 weeks you should notice some difference, and i would say a good 6 weeks for you to feel the full benefit. There are times in our lives when we will feel negative and anxious that is part of life ! It may help to go to some therapy such as CBT which if you get good therapist as i did you will learn ways of changing the way you think about things as in the 'glass is half full' and not 'half empty' i know that sounds really blase but it is really true! your last statement ...i could be stuck in this state forever is a clue to this, i try to believe that my meds WILL make me better eventually and that is what therapy will teach you to do !!! does it always work ??? no not always but it has lessened my anxiety enough for me to cope, hope this helps

• Posted

Thanx for the advice I will ask my gp about seeing a therapist it's just so scary this anxiety
    • Posted

As daft as it sounds you have to want to get well !!! So if you get some therapy really embrace it with positivity even if its the only bit of positivity you can muster in your life at that moment, Therapists can only give you strategies on how to deal with stuff, they personally cant change the way your brain works only you can do that , and if you take meds that will help too, our brain has to have the chemical balance absolutely spot on or our minds go haywire. It could be just life at the moment that has caused your anxieties and CBT on its own may help, but  you GP has given you the meds now you just need to retrain your brain.

• Posted

Honestly I duno what it's over everything's good in my life, I got symptoms n then they made me anxious x
    • Posted

Hopefull it will all settle down very soon, you have made the first move by seeing the doc and starting to take your meds, if you get to see a therapist as well it can do nothing but help even more and maybe talking on here will help too, good luck and i hope all goes well for you x

• Posted

I feel for you... I was feeling this way a few weeks ago but i am starting to come out of that awful no hope despair feeling little by little....try to focus on even the smallest amount of time that you feel ok or calm or relaxed or happy... Say you have 10 mins or half an hour where you felt a bit more positive, then recognise it and give yourself a pat on the back...you will be so pleased with yourself that it has a sort of knock on effect...the fact that you are pleased with yourself and feel that you did well will boost you and you will get longer and longer spells of feeling well... You are re training the brain so the more you think positive the more it wants to do it and the easier it becomes... Hope that makes sense and doesnt seem too far fetched, its working for me... Slowly
    • Posted

I will and thanx hun, anxiety is a scary thing to suffer from how it can affect you mentally physically and emotionally x
    • Posted

It certainly is scary, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, it's just finding the right treatment for you... It is good that some of your physical symtoms are improving, that is a positive, just have to give the brain a bit of time to catch up eh x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.