mental health help for teens

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi one of my children has been suffering from mental health problems since last year, we have had no help what so ever in this journey ...we begged for help to help us to help our daughter get well and eventualy got her into the proiry .we are now at a point where she is leaving and coming home but to what ...she doesnt want to go back into education , no help from local ed welfare and no home ed offerd.. so im looking up about setting up something for a few hours a day for ppl that are in our situation ...i would like to find ppl who can help maybe find a venue so children can go meet a teacher and ppl whom they can talk to ect . I feel we have been left in limbo i have contacted everyone from young minds to local education department but no one is wiling to help all they say is well your child has to be educated ,yes we agree but in a way that is right for our daughter.after all dont we just all want whats best for our child and let them have a say and be happy .we are looking to get a group together so our children are not left in limbo from schooling and social life . Please can you help us set this up i feel that the mental health for teens has been neglected and we CAN make a difference and help familys like mine and save life

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I can't help at all, Andrea, but just wanted to say I applaud your initiative and hope you get the support you need. Your daughter is lucky to have parents like you!
    • Posted

Thank you for your kind words ☺and you have helped already ...you have read and replied so i know there are ppl out there ☺
  • Posted

Andrea, when I wanted to start a walking group as I was yo-yoing between lots of kilos I decided to go door to door in the local neighbourhood. And it took a few days but I made a simple flyer in .doc format - nothing fancy mind. I put my name and mobile number and email addy. There were quite a few who were interested. Then some sponsored hi-viz jackets, and t-shirts and so on. And it was okay. We got to know people as well. It helped lots of us to just shut off I suppose for a few hours.

So please do not give up.

There are lots of positive movies that come to mind of parents who have stayed with their kids and battled the odds. You are so very brave. Please please do not ever give up.

• Posted

Hi shana .thats a fab idea thank you .

i will fight with all my strenth for this and make it work.

i have felt so helpless and something just clicked and as no one has helped us i thought right its either now or never so here i am . Your kind words mean so much ty .

• Posted

Just another thought and I hope something comes of it; but if you can get to find fb groups (facebook) that have established themselves in this particular area - you may get support from the USA, UK, France, Ireland, Hongkong, Singapore, Norway, Sweden, Finland.

Build with a small group in your own local county council and find support from the adjoining local county councils.

Get someone to sponsor meetings: - talk, talk, talk and get your mind focused.

Keep and document everything you have.

Forget those who are not being helpful. Please don't give anyone control of your mind or that of your childrens mind.

• Posted

Was going to set up facebook today but not sure how to go about it ...your help and advice is so helpfull thank you . And dont worry i wont let anyone control us or our minds i have learnt to be a very strong woman with a powerfull voice 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.