Mental health records

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone read their mental health notes and been relieved? or was it a big mistake asking for access to see them? are there any negatives to asking to see your mental health notes? I'm fairly recently discharged from cmht. thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel,

I accessed my notes this year. My mental health has been bad for over 7 years during this time Ive had sessions with 3 different nurses in my CMHT. I felt I had better support from the first two nurses, (females) they seemed to grasp my difficulties their notes confirmed this. I wasn't feeling supported by the 3rd. His notes confirmed he wasn't understanding my difficulties. I didn't feel any relief reading them. I've had one more appointment with the 3rd and I hope this time I've been able to explain to him so he can offer me the right support...I'm glad I got them as I stopped attending appointments and my MH worsened. Some of the notes did hurt a bit reading them....but overall it was a good decision

• Posted

Thank you, that is very helpful. I am hopeful that you are receiving the right support now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.