Mental health suicidal ideas

Posted , 3 users are following.

Planned to hang myself tomorrow got a long TV scart cable. Worried it'll go wrong though.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Hannahx 

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

The Samaritans is a UK based charity, but there are several helplines in the US which can help you. They include the Crisis Call Center Phone: (800) 273-8255

Hopeline Network Phone: (800) 422-HOPE (1-800-422-4673)

National Suicide Prevention Hotline Phone: (800) 273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet or above) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

The Patient team

• Posted

Hi Hannahx

I haven't replied or posted on this site for a while but when I sawthe post I felt I had to.

I can't stop you going through with your plan, no one in this group can but I will say 2 things;

1) I was in your position last year. My life was hell I was trapped in the hell my life has become I could only see one way out, the way you are contemplating now. I had it planned there was no way it could fail but it did and I am so glad it did. Life got better it's no way prefect but I no longer feel hopeless and despairing. I'm extremely traumatised as I've been through very hard times and people have done some extremely bad things to me. But I refuse to accept the victim role I prefer to look back and say "see how much I've survived what's happening now is small incomparision" I fully accept the survivor identity.

The second thing I want to say to you Hannahx is, when it's not your time it's not your time and no matter how well you plan your death something completely random will save you. I've seen people after attempts in a right physical mess I've thought no one could of possibly survived that but the person is walking around (or in a wheelchair). I'm the flip side when it is your time it's your time and there's nothing you can do to save yourself. Basically I can't stop you going ahead with your plan no one on the internet can but if it's not your time you'll just screw up your body and could end up as a vegetable which would make all the stuff that's making you feel like this worse. Is it worth that risk? OR you could pick up the phone to Samaritans 116123 or email them Jo@Samaritans.org if your not up to talking.

Who knows you could be sitting infront of a computer in a year's time typing a message to someone contemplating suicide telling them how a year ago you were so desperate for escape that you went on a internet forum asking for help and someone in that forum said something that made you think prehaps I'll give life one more go. And there you are a year later writing a comment to a stranger saying how glad you are that you didn't die. Get stranger things have happened.

Best wishes Hannahx I hope you can write a comment like this in a year's time.

Ellie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.