Mentally Constipated?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

So around 5 years ago my bowel/digestive system switched from efficient to lazy and constipated in a very short space of time, since then i still cannot get to the bottom of the cause, however for the past 2 years I have spent away from England on a working holiday; and my bowel habits improved.

I could have a great BM every morning. Now I have returned home to England and I'm back to how I was, struggling to pass stools and never feel comfortable leaving the house.

(Note: diet has been consistent in all countries)

A healthy/fibreous diet doesn't help hardly at all and I don't want to be dependant on laxatives.

I'm only recently thinking my bowel habits are helped/hindered by my mental happiness?

It's so frustrating, who can help me?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi must be mental happiness, why you not as happy when you are in UK? Is it the weather lol
    • Posted

Just because it was a great experience, and I'm not particularly sad here! It might be the tap water!

• Posted

I read things like that before too. Strange my problems started when I started drinking water only. I still only drink water. Also on holiday my problems are alot better.. So could be onto something. Try bottle water for awhile see if anything changes?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.