Meralgia Paraesthetica? Advice please.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, about 6 months ago I started getting an electric shock pain through the outside of my left thigh, kinda of like being stabbed over and over by a very long needle, the pain would last about 10/15 seconds and go away but could be very intense and leave me very disorientated. Since then the frequency has gone from getting the pain once every couple of weeks to now upwards if 20 times daily so is alot more frequent. I have looked online and the only thing I keep getting is Meralgia Paraesthetica as a possibility but I don't have the other symptoms like numbness or skin hypersensitivity. Saying that I believe that as it is progressing I may be getting the hypersensitivity as yesterday for the first time I triggered an attack after touching the affected area.. normally the skin above the area feels completely normal. Has anyone else had this and found out the cause? I have a telephone appointment next week with my doctor but it is progressing fast so thought I would look online for answers.

thank you

ps. sometimes I get warnings that an attack is coming due to a tingling or rumbling feeling deep in my leg which then progresses into the pain.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.