Merry Christmas

Posted , 7 users are following.

TRK right 8 months left 6 weeks. 

Thank you all for using this forum it has helped me no end. 

When a problem occurred someone on here had been there done that and had the video, it has been great. I had problems with my first one and needed help, doctors and pt not there when I was really at my worse but always someone on here helped.

one of my saviours has been "old fat guy" who I think of as an encyclopaedia on TRK,( thank you)

i just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas & a Painless New Year. 

Like me take it easy over the festive season by being kind to your selves.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise

Thank you. Relatively new member but what you say is true. Very helpfull forum. Merry Christmas to you and All.

God Bless

John.

• Posted

Hi John, Merry Christmas to you enjoy. Now you have found this forum you will always have someone to talk to good luck with your progress. X
  • Posted

We can all lift our highball glasses up and toast to continued progress for all, then save those ice cubes after the glass is drained to make a nice little ice pack for our swollen joints.
    • Posted

cheers Jemma, I am now off the heavy meds so can now enjoy a tipple, but it has been a long time since I had a glass of cheer that one will put me under the table!! L. O. L. Have a fantastic day xx
  • Posted

My first tkr was end of June and I would have gone into emotional meltdown without all you lovely people, time heals and I'm doing ok, though I have a bakers cyst behind it now which I believe will eventually go. Tkr num2 is due to be done February,so no doubt I shall be calling on you all again for support and help to keep me sane!!!

I wish you all a peaceful Christmas,and don't forget to pace yourselves!!! Bless you all.xxx

• Posted

Merry Christmas to you have fantastic one. Good luck with you second one. I had problems with first one and was about 4 months before I thought yes it was the right thing to have done. My second one is lovely no swelling which has meant I am now at 6 weeks at the 4 month stage of my first. So it's true no knee is the same even when they are yours. Xxx
  • Posted

I agree - without finding this forum, goodness knows how low I would have slipped! Revision is now 8 weeks old, doing nicely, although still stiff when waking, getting up after sitting etc - but now off meds & I may well be under a table at some point over the festive season! To all of you - a very Merry Christmas, & may 2016 be a whole lot better than 2015 was!! - Veronica
    • Posted

enjoy the time under the table? I hear the view from there is good. Have a great time . X
    • Posted

That isnt a bad place to be, especially if the right person is there with you.
  • Posted

Thank you for you kind words. I only wish I could have obtained my knowledge on the other end of the knife. I wouldnt wish my experience on anyone else. But happy I am able to help with some concerns and fears that go with the proceedure. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and I guess this time Santa has already made it to see some of you and you are enjoying the day. My early Christmas gift came early yesterday. My opthalmologist notified me I have to have cataract surgery on my left eye. Guess I've escaped it longer than most my age. I had been thinking all along it was the pain pills making my vision blurry.
    • Posted

hi only words of truth. You have been an inspiration to us all. Not only all your problems with your knees, but your devotion to your wife and her condition. I hope the cataract surgery goes well and wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy & Healthy New Year. Xx
  • Posted

Wishing you all a Very Happy Christmas and all the Very Best for 2016. Thank you all for your advice! biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.