Mertazipine help

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone I have been wondering n mirt for just over 2 years with 3 failed attempts at getting off then with horrible side effects I'm on 30mg but they make me ill and numb I'm not who I used to be and need a way out?? I have tried the halfing then quartering this is to much strain on me system so I tried 30 to 22.5 still no joy 😞So I tried 30 then 15 in alternative nights still bam massive withdrawal my anxiety had been through the roof for over a year now and I was put on 3 beater blockers per day can somebody's day explain the dosage to me at a 10%taper so I can try this please this drug has made me so much ch worse with my depression and anxiety I just want my life back 🙂

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi linzi.

I was the same this drug messed me up fir a whole year i tried in july to come off no success but 7 weeks ago i went cold turkey from 7.5mg. I was pretty rough first few weeks i would not have been able to do this had i not been off work but i had to get off this drug i was an emotionless zombie with anxiety through the roof. I have now been on lofepramine 2 weeks. I know a lot of people say 10% taper but i didnt want to be on this drug ine second more. Calmer on here would ve the ine to ask about tapering. If you are in uk they wont prescribe the sol tabs or liquid here. My doc certainly wouldnt xx

• Posted

I can't go any quicker than 10% I just keep failing ?? but here's hoping I can do it this time thanks for your reply and I'm happy you got off them there's hope at least. X

• Posted

Hi Linzi,

It might be worth going back and having a chat with your GP and between you, you should be able to work out a tapering plan.  I certainly would not recommend using alternate doses on alternate days, as I think that this method causes bad withdrawal symptons (due to the half life of the drug in your system).

Have you had a look at  https://patient.info/health/coming-off-antidepressants

Good luck

• Posted

My gp is useless said 1 week 15 then 7.5 1 week then nothing and does not believe in withdrawal I have looked at the link and will try this thank you x
  • Posted

Hi Linzi,

I know exactly how you feel. I was on mirtz for about 8 months, then decided to taper off them v slowly, as I read about withdrawal symptoms. I did not get any withdrawal symptoms. I was on 30mg, i halved them to 15mgs taking each night for about 3 weeks and then i halved them to 7.5mg for abt 3-4 weeks. I had no withdrawal symptoms at all. I take fluoxetine 20mg, which i am staying on indefinitely.

Good luck.

D

• Posted

Thanks I wish I could have done it the way you have sounds a lot easier when I dropped to 22.5 from 30 I was very very poorly with it and never want to experience that again glad your off it now x
    • Posted

I also came off mirtazapine relatively smoothly by going on to 20mg fluoxetine first (Lovan tablets). I found fluox to be very good and will also stay on it indefinitely. Mirtazapine gave me dreadful

Anxiety after being on it a while.

• Posted

HI LINZI04886,,UP AND DOWNING MIRT THE WAY U ARE WILL ONLY MAKE U WORSE,,go too ady007 posts and read calmer and my posts to him this will give u a good idea how to go about things to make u feel a lot better,,if i can help u any further buzz me i am sure we will soon have u feeling better ,,good luck,,,,BLUESY
  • Posted

Hi Linzi

Sorry to read of your suffering, I wish you'd found this site before the horrible previous 3 attmepts to come off Mirt'.

Are you UK?  Whikst Mirt' is available in liquid here doctors might be reluctant to prescribe it because it is expensive. But Mirt Sol Tabs are available and they dissolve fairly easily.  

Anyway, for now read the links under my status and make an informed plan for yourself ... it won't be a walk in the park ~ my taper took a year but at least I'm off without too much suffering.  Fatigue was my worst symptom, and once off sleep can be difficult for a while, but I'm optimistic, got to be really havn't we !

Click on my name and follow the links.

Wishing you well.

• Posted

I will do and thanks Yes I'm in uk going to try 10% taper from tonight see how I go but will definitely read up on your posts x

• Posted

Thats good, see how 10% every 3-4 week goes, and if too much for your central nervous system you could always do a 5% next time; I did 5% every 2 weeks, took a while ugh ... but worth it in the end.  x

• Posted

Hi I've reduced by 10% last two days and rough today I don't know if I should start 5% tonight?? Or back up to 30?? X

• Posted

I just read your post - which dose did you opt for??

Sometimes deciding wether to try 10% or 5 % can be a cruel lesson😡 Let me know what you took last night xx

• Posted

He calmer I took 30mg last night ?? I'm going to try and get liquid mirt tablets split 8 or more ways is difficult but I may have to try 5% the 10% feels to much x

• Posted

Its going to be a nice slow taper for you Linzi, now you have tried 10% (how did you do this with tablets ??) at least you know what might work for you now.  It is doable, don't lose faith.  

The liquid Mirt' comes in a bottle so you won't be breaking any tablets if you manage to get it.  If not, persist letting your GP know this will be your 4th "nightmare" and I would use that word attempt.  The more honest you are withh your doc' about how terribly difficult it has all been the more likely you are to get liquid.  

I would wait to feel well again now, give yourself time to stabilise.  How do you feel today??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.