Mesalazine giving me worse ab pain?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on mesalazine for just over a week and my abdominal pain is worse and all over my stomach. Is it a side effect? has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I was on that had terrible pain .had to ring for ambulance in middle of night and I had got pancreatitis from taking mealiness was in his for 12days.
  • Posted

yeah it's possible. I normally take Asacol but tried pentasa for short while. Had to quit it within few days as the pain in my stomach and cramps were killing me. 24 hrs later was fine again. Stop it for few days and c if pain settles. MJ
  • Posted

I endured that med for just 1 week. Along with crippling stomach gripes I also suffered headaches nausea and dizziness. I went back to my GP to ask if there was anything else. I'm now on prednisolone suppositories. No side effects so far but not a long term solution.

Go back to your Dr and see if you can have an alternative. Good luck x

• Posted

I felt very nauseated for my first two weeks on mezevant, then it just disappeared! Didn't notice any stomach pains but I never really had any before. I would speak to your Dr or your IBD nurse (if you have one)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.