Mesenteric pannicultis mesenetery

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

Had ct scan 8 months ago.

Nothing found except panniculitis mesentery

dr said just take advil for pain.

But since 8 month i have the pain on and off on stomach and left flank.

But im also scared cause on internet people and aricle say its rare and cancer can be found with it.o or idiopatic.

Do you know something about it?do you have it?whats the pain you have like me?

Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christopher , im sure your doctor will keep an eye on this . The inflammation is the cause of pain . Did you have surgery or an injury before the flare up ? Advil will help the swelling ,but when you have swelling / injury on the inside it takes longer to heal . This condition usually heals in a couple of weeks ,yet can take months but it does heal ! You must relax , try not to worry it will cause you distress . . One thing you can do , is take hit epsom salt baths ,thus will help you a great deal ..

• Posted

Hot epsom salt baths **

• Posted

Dr at the er 8 month ago and dr a saw 1 week ago who is a surgeon read the report from radiologist and just said i have to take advil or painkiller and thats it nothing to do more but when you check on internet they say you have to be rechecked so i do not know why they only said that.

• Posted

You can read anything on the internet , doesnt make it true . You had testing done , 2 different doctors give you a diagnoses of the same results . Both high up in the medical field . Pain is from a flare up .. Advil is great for inflammation without causing other symptoms . Trust their answer but of course get rechecked if any other symptoms happen . You will be ok

• Posted

I suggest you follow your doctor's advice and take advil for the pain. Stop researching your condition online because it will add to your already severe health anxiety. Ask your doctor to explain your condition to you if he has not done so already. Remember, nothing but pannicultis mesenetery was found on your CT, so you should not be worrying about anything else since tests prove there is nothing else present. CTs are highly accurate! Please get therapy for your health anxiety.

• Posted

In your last post you said you had burning pain in your stomach, advil is an anti inflammatory, that is probably what is causing that and the stomach pain. If you need the anti inflammatory for the pain, you should also take a PPI like nexium. It will protect against reflux.

• Posted

I did not take much advil only 3 times so no its not caused by advil but i really have stomach and back burning and i had endoscopy nothing no ulcer h pilory.......

• Posted

pannicultis is inflammation of the lower stomach / intestines area , it takes time to heal , advil helps with inflammation . Hang in there Christopher , it will heal , if nothing else was found then nothing else is there !

• Posted

Even though you only took advil three times, it may still have been enough to trigger the side effects you describe. I got a side effect within a few minutes of taking one tablet of a stomach medication. Still consider advil as the possible culprit for your symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.