Mesh removal returning to work times anyone

Posted , 5 users are following.

When did you guys return to physical work or sports after a mesh removal.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Removed mine in late Feb and still have some twinges of pain. I was going to try and workout in June. I do feel better than I did.
    • Posted

I don't understand.  How is the repair made without the mesh?

• Posted

Mine was umbilical... they just used two tacks of nylon or something like that and sewn it shut... how it should have been the first time instead of ruining my life for 3 years.
    • Posted

Hi mine was the same I do remember the dr putting in the mesh saying that they will put extra tacs in to keep it there

I was never told that these meshes get infected and removal was the only option if they do

I'm in absolutely dire straits now

• Posted

So where are you now? I was never told there were other options. The mesh caused me nerve damage and pain. Ruined my life. The removal surgery sucked as you can imagine but I think I made the right choice.
    • Posted

Yea not sure really but on the mend now taking its time
    • Posted

We do things a little differently in the U.S.  There are many class action law suits involving a certain brand of mesh.  It is getting really ugly.  I, on the other hand, have no issues with my large mesh for my incisional hernia.  I do have Small Intestinal Bacteria Overgrowth (SIBO) which I don't think is related.  This is related to my ruptured appendix surgery performed in the Azores along with 2 weeks of IV antibiotics there.

• Posted

Hello guys! I am in constant chronic groin pain eight years in pain.My first surgery was June 2012 ,the surgeon was used the mesh ultrapro hernia system and that was my fatality mistake.I am unable to work i don't have girlfriend,friends and i was student and i didn't finished my faculty.this mesh ruinig and still ruining my life!I am 30 year old men from Macedonia.

• Posted

I didn't have my mesh removed I have a double wrap of mess do to the size of my hernia and the type of hernia I had I had the paraesophageal hernia and only 5% of the population get it I happen to be in that 5% I have had to problem with the mesh but it's only been 7 weeks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.