Mesh removed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi has anyone had to have their mesh remove after pfr I keep getting urine infections

Wondering if it the tot I had done ow the mesh from pfr

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Are you thinking the mesh is causing your urine infection donna? I haven't been aware of mesh being the cause but mesh insertion here in the UK is closely monitored so I'm sure I would have heard because my NHS Trust is one of the Trusts that is part of the trial and any untoward symptoms are shared with each centre. I will however look into it if you want me to.

• Posted

Thank you matron that would be great. This will be my 4th lot abtibotics in 3 weeks. I had tge bladder sling to maybe it's that I'm so fed up. I had no problems up to a month ago I was really lucky x

• Posted

I have known the bladder sling causing urine infections but I will ask. I'll be speaking to my friend who is a urogynaecology research nurse in the next few days.......she'll know x

• Posted

Thank you so much it's doing its job no more leaky bladder lol but I can't keep having these infections today it's all in my back I'm sure it's travelled to my kidneys another trip to docs lol x

• Posted

Hello donna. I Emailed my friend last night as promised the one who is the research nurse in urogynaecology and she has got back to me. She said on rare occasions the mesh can cause some bladder erosion therefore causing UTI's but it is extremely rare. It was more common a few years ago in the USA when a different type of mesh was being used. In the U.K. they feel confident that the mesh they use isn't causing these problems and she hasn't been made aware of any. As the use of mesh is closely monitored she said if there were concerns she would know about it. Hope that helps a little donna. 

• Posted

Ythank you so much that had put my mind to rest now. Thank you for doing this for me i'm so grateful x

• Posted

It's not a problem donna. I'm happy to help if I can.

• Posted

I had the mesh removed after my first op due to the surgery being unsuccessful. My consultant wanted to remove it to reduce the chance of erosion or other side effects.
    • Posted

What complications did you have if you don't mind sharing pleasex

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.