Message from a much recovered lady!

Posted , 5 users are following.

A Homeopath, who's teaching me said to me today:

'I saw a Dr who used a bio resonance equipment to ascertain the key areas that I was affected and then a combination of homeopathy and nutritional supplementation.  My diet and lifestyle changed completely and I left a job that had been causing me a lot of stress.  Having removed every mental and physical stress that I could I was hoping to give my body the support to heal.  For me this approach worked well, I had to be very careful to not over do it for a long time and became so much better at saying no which was hard for me.  I never went back to teaching aerobics and competitive kayaking but do commute by bike a 30 mile round trip so am happy with what my body is happy to do for me now. Much more patient with myself and this is important, people who get ME tend to be high achievers and push themselves to the point where they have ignored several small signs and the body finally says ‘I’m taking charge’ and the batteries run flat. My batteries don’t recharge to 100% any more but a comfortable 85%, of course how much is due to ageing as well is hard to ascertain. 

It is my own experience that prompted me to do the homeopathy etc.

More than anything I always knew I would get better and that it was an illness not a mind state and that determination, I believe is important, there are times when this gets hard but doing as you are an focusing on when you will be better is very good.'

Yeas!

2 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

• Posted

Hi Georgia,

One lady i know locally told me the ONLY thing that helped her recover 85% in 2 years from ME was homeopathy. I also know of the bioresonance treatments and would love to do them. CFS limits my mobility and travelling is difficult without a car. Well my lifestyle pre CFS was extreme, no question. 2 hour treadmill runs, 5k swims etc

• Posted

I was always an extreme person too! And I still am in studying, thinking etc, I can't seem to slow down ever. I used to be a very running around physically type of person; now my ever active mind is even more active due to the lack of the physical, so I'm still running around in my head. Which is why I can't meditate as I used to, etc.

My doc referred me to a homeopath who got me taking Aurum muriaticum. It's gold, and it makes me happier and calmer.

Some people talk as if it's so easy!

• Posted

Hey Georgia, yeah i'm like that too. Treated my body like a machine quite frankly. I no longer have the release from the physical activty so get bored and depressed much easier, miss the endorphin high from running. That's great news about the homeopathic treatment. I am awaiting my appointment with the local homeopathic hospital. Maybe they can concoct something for me. Something, anything, lol, doesn't have to be a cure, just something to make me feel better. CFS is relentless, always there 24/7.
    • Posted

Trying Aurum muriaticum can't hurt you! You sound a lot like me and it helps me. All the best when you meet the Homeopath! 
    • Posted

Thanks Georgia. How soon did it work for you, what did you notice happening ? Maybe this is the start of your recovery ?
    • Posted

I haven't recovered yet but I feel happier and more positive!
  • Posted

I did try crystal healing once, and that had a positive effect on the ME... I initially though what a load of rubbish this is going to be… till near the end of the treatment when I experienced some sort of energy charging through my system from my feet to my head like a warm wave over powering my sensations… very strange experience however, it turned my initial ideas of Crystal healing right around.

The woman who did the healing moved from the area I lived in, so I have not been able to test the treatment since then, has anybody else tried Crystal healing? I have never fully recovered from ME in 20 years of trying. A friend practices homeopathy as has often asked me if I need to try some of the medicine she puts together, but herbs can be very potent and interfere with the meds I’m taking for my heart etc so I haven’t yet taken her up on the offer… perhaps I should?

However, having a positive outlook on life and the condition does help me to cope with my ME, like you said the high achievers tend to succumb to ME after ignoring the multiple warning signs the body gives out, I know I did and I regret it now.

• Posted

im certain i did the same thing too i exercised like a demon for two years straight almost everday and now im paying the price
    • Posted

Hey Andrew, so you have CFS ? What are your symptoms ? How old are you ? What was your exercise regimen like ?
    • Posted

I think you should, herbs have been the main reason why I'm so much better than I was! And crystals are made of the same stuff we are but they're purer. They give us energy. I was skeptical too but the first time I picked up a crystal I felt a massive energy boost go throuth me.

There's always each other, we can  pass energy to one another, even when we're not totally well ourselves. And when we pass it on to each other through thought selflessly it comes back to us!

• Posted

well i have not been diagnosed yet but im pretty sure its cfs or fibro, sympotoms are extreme fatigue,tight muscles, headaches, sleep disturbences ,cold extremities ,brain fog, memory , concentration, frequent urination,im 34 years old ,four days a week i used to run 3 miles then swim one mile then sets of pushups, i know i was pushing myself too hard but i was on a mission to lose weight
    • Posted

another thing is i have something called cushings disease which is an endocrine disorder and some of the symptoms are similiar but i know this is different to what im feeling
    • Posted

Homeopathy isn't herbs! It's completely different. It's a substance in a minute amount, Aurum muriaticum is gold. It doesn't harm or cause allergies as far as I'm aware. What it does is make your immune respond to the tiny substance in positive ways and this makes it work more effectively on your symptoms. I'm a novice but this is what I've gathered.
  • Posted

Homeopathy is just placebo. There's lots of strong evidence showing this to be the case, and it's important that patients are aware of this in order to be able to give informed consent for the intervention. Lots of people improve for some unknown reason, and it would be a mistake to ascribe this to whatever intervention they were doing at the time that the change occured.
    • Posted

Placebo ? Well maybe but if it works for people then great. Also if it were quackery do you know the Queen has her own private homeopath ? Personally what IS quackery is the pharmaceudical industry which for the most part suppresses symptoms and retards any chance of healing.
    • Posted

You ought to quote your sources when you claim that something is placebo. It's good academic practice to do so.
    • Posted

And of course big pharmo doesn't want treatment like Homeopathy, Herbalisem, etc to be what we resort to because they'll lose money!
    • Posted

Fidd if you're going to make a strong statement like that you really need to give us the evidence you're talking about!
    • Posted

It seems that the placebo affect is really just a result of bias in nonblinded trials. ie: It only effects the way patients report their health, not objective measure of health.

Here's a new meta-analysis and evidence review for homeopathy.

https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/health-topics/complementary-medicines/homeopathy-review

Here's a summary of it: http://theconversation.com/no-evidence-homeopathy-is-effective-nhmrc-review-25368

The Royal Family probably would have been better off with homeopathy than mainstream medicine for most of their history given the harm that can be done by over-attentive doctors appyling treatments and drugs that they do not really understand the affect of. Medicine is too often worse than nothing - this does not mean that 'nothing' has magic healing powers.

• Posted

Quite a few of the over the counter meds contain homeopathic herbs of a highly refined nature don't they? Just chemically reproduced in a lab somewhere and of a known quality and specific quality.

Doesn’t part of the Aspirin pill come from the willow plant? (or something like that)

• Posted

Unfortunately I'm too tired to read the reports at the moment. But from the health studying I've been doing with the Open University and therefore reading research papers that include placebos in trials, and from therapies in which when people have faith in the treatment it helps them, I deduce that when we work with a remedy and have hope in it our own bodies do the healing with that prompt.

And as I said above Homeopathy is scientific in that our bodies react to any substance put in our bodies so it's not all in the mind?

• Posted

They discovered Aspirin in White Willow, you're correct!
    • Posted

It seems that there is an important expectation effect on self-reported outcome measures. This could be viewed as 'hope' improving how people feel, but equally, it could also be view as people wanting to self-report in the manner that they are expected to. Seeing as these sorts of things do not seem to have an affect on more objective measures of health that would be less prone to problems with bias, I do not think it is sensible to assume that there is much in the way of real healing to be gained from 'hope' or positive expectations.
    • Posted

Unless you're a very skeptical person like I am, one who likes to weigh up as much evidence as I possibly can, then be stunned by the effectiveness of something I had little hope in!

Science can be so big headed. Some of the statements scientists come out with, such as claiming things don't exist, aren't true just because they haven't found them out yet! Lol lol

Healing medicines have been around since the dawn of man; science is a baby in comparison.

• Posted

People's symptoms can randomly fluctuate, and some people diagnosed with ME/CFS do go on to recover for reasons which we do not understand. It would be a mistake to just assume that whatever they happened to be doing at the time when they improved was of some real medical value.

I don't think that we should just trust scientists, but we should try to look carefully at the evidence. With homeopathy, the evidence is pretty clear that it is not of any value beyond placebo.

• Posted

Perhaps they haven't gathered enough evidence yet? Well it does take years and many subjects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.