Metacarpal fracture

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

3 days ago I broke my pinky metacarpal bone in my right hand (boxers fracture). I have been to A&E and they put a cast on my forearm and hand, but the cast is only on the bottom half of my hand, and the bone break caused a slightly pertruding lump on the top of the hand.

I expected them to pop the bone back in place before they made the cast, but they didn't, so now I'm worried that the bone is healing but it will heal in the wrong position. Do you know if metacarpal bones naturally pull them selves back to the correct position as they heal? Or do they have to be pushed and held in place as they heal? my bone was broken almost in the middle and didnt fully snap in half.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.