Metal Removal

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a trimalleolar fracture Feb 14, 2019. I had metal removed yesterday March 2, 2020. I'm in a boot and so far have not needed any pain meds. Going back to doctor in a week. I'm feeling pretty optimistic and will post as I continue to recover. This has been a very slow process but I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

I am so glad to hear that you've had a decent experience! I go in for ORIF surgery on Thursday and am concerned about the pain level. Even though I broke a metatarsal and my ankle, I have had little pain involved (plenty of discomfort though). I was told ankles hurt and after 3 weeks of resting, I am stressed about suddenly having pain. I hope my experience is similar to you. And I hope you reach that light very quickly!

• Posted

I wish you well. It's been a long process. I feel that my foot stopped swelling completely at 6 months. I was back at spin class at 11 months. Everyone is different. I had metal removed because of stiffness. Hopefully this will be gone after a few months of recovery. I'm just grateful that this ordeal will soon be over.

• Edited

8 month's in love to here this I'm same optimistic just started fill weight bearing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.