Metallic taste with lightheadedness?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I kept going to the doctors for what I suspected was an ear infection, (ear pain, ear leakage, slight loss of hearing) and they put me on antibiotics. Different ones each time. None of them worked so I just stopped complaining to the doctor because clearly antibiotics weren't working so I just learned to deal. My ears almost always feel like the pressure is wrong, kind of like when an airplane is taking off? So I pop them a lot. When I pop them I get a metallic taste in my mouth and I feel really light headed like how I do before I pass out and have a seizure. I don't actually pass out/seize when I pop my ears and I haven't seen or felt any blood in my mouth it's just the taste. Anyway, my hearing is getting worse slowly. I keep getting migraines as well as mild headaches, I don't know if that's relevant or not. I'm really tired of the doctors not doing anything but antibiotics, which CLEARLY aren't working.. So is this something I should even bother continuing to push? If I do continue to push this since it's impacting my daily life, what do I even say/ask about?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.