Metformin and weakness

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was started on metformin about a month ago because of misdiagnosed pcos and as soon as i started it i got the worst leg cramps of my life within two days later i got weakness along with cramps and so they thought i had lactic acidosis and my blood work showed no acidosis. They basicslly told me to just wait it out it should work itself out in a week or two and here i am a little over a month later and still feeling bad with weak legs. i have a mild b12 deficiency and i was only on metformin for a week i dont know how it could do so much damage someone please help me or give some advice my doctors are no help. would this be because of my decificiency? Has anyone else experienced this at all.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

My mother also takes Metformin but she has not faced such problem. May be the results vary from person to person.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.