Methadone

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was prescribed Methadone in 1990 in Coventry and received my free doses from a pharmacy for 2 years which help me to finish my studies and HND diploma. Then I came back where I yet to live, Istanbul. Since I came here there is no methodone or such treatment in this Country. So I struggled with life divorced, lost friends and goes on and on. If only the Government would allow methadone into this country than I am sure lots of sufferring will end or at least stabilesed.

Now I am over 40 yrs old and I spent 150 sterlings for 100 methadone (5mg each) so I can try to stop cause Turkish Goverment forcing users to stop using without any help of medicine ( except diazepam) and if I can't I will be prisoned for 10 months for being a user and posses 0,5 g of heroin.

And I can afford to buy more cause not only its expensive its almost impossible to find.

So no one can or should assume methadone is no help anymore cause it is.

thanks for listening. My only point is methadone can still save lives of people like me who do not belong to this cruel, ugly and unfare world of politics.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I feel for your situation, I don't know how things are for you now but I hope you have found an answer to your problems. I am a patient at a wonderful clinic. Let us know how you're doing.
    • Posted

Hello we are traveling to Istanbul turkey this week can you help us find a methadone clinic there as it's been difficult to find methadone in Istanbul. Thank you

• Posted

I have thought about you often.  I wonder how you are making out.  I hope that you found a way in which to get the methadone in which you so greatly need.  Please reach out and let us know!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.