Methocarbamol

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone have any feedback regarding Methocarbamol as a muscle relaxant. Recently prescribed and would like to hear any reviews/feedback on this medication please. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello... my name is Denise. Yes I take this MED 1-2every 4hrs as needed for muscle spasms 750mg. For me it does help.....a lot. I've had fibro really really bad . Always get flare ups. One several meds to help a little.

• Posted

I am taking methocarbam, I didn't have any luck with tizinidine. I am currently taking 1,000 milligrams 4 times a day. For myself it does help but I still get muscle spasms though. I am still early on in treatment so right now I'm just on the muscle relaxer. I have seen that some psych meds can also help too.

• Posted

A locum prescribed it to me a couple of months ago. I was in the worst flare up ever and crying with pain, couldn't sleep because of it. Nearly jumped out of the chair when he touched my upper back. Methocarbamol gave me the best sleep I had had in ages. 

At the time I was maxed out on Tramadol and they didn't touch the pain at all. 

I no longer take 2 tablets 4 times a day, but I do take 2 before I go to bed. I'm unsure how it is best to take it to be honest. Maybe I should still be taking 2 x 4 x a day.

How do others take it? How long is it okay to take it, long term?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.