Methotrexate

Posted , 8 users are following.

I started on Methotrexate three weeks ago, 10mgs for the first week, 15mgs the second and 20mgs last night.   The first 10mgs made the pain worse, the second worse still and last nights 20mgs dose worse again, I'm now at the point where I cannot use my hands at all.   I rang the Rheumatologist's rooms earlier today but unfortunately he's on holidays so I'm stuck with this pain and not being able to use my hands until such time as he comes back.   Clearly I'm one of those this Methotrexate doesn't work on, from what I've read on Methotrexate I think that may be a blessing.  So, more guessing games from the Rheumatologist coming up, Is there a medication to protect us from the medical fraternity?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well, that's a bit of a bummer - I don't drink beer!   There is a medical weed trial underway in Australia at the moment, just not in the state in which I live double bummer!   I really don't understand how something like medical grade weed, which has none of the halucinogenic properties as the normal variety can be classed 'illegal' when one can buy, beer, wine, spirits, cigarettes and so on at my local corner shop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.