Methotrexate and Crohns

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm 19, I've been on methotrexate for 3 months now. Do I have to completely avoid alcohol or would drinking one night really be a bad choice.

Also, does anyone else have problems with skin being flushed and feeling really hot? Or really bad headaches daily. Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi kyle

I have been on methotrexate and it didn't stop me from drinking u just avoid drinking larger as it effects my chrones . I now drink white wine and lemonade.. I cannot remember if u had bad heads daily. I do remember me skin being flushed especially my face hope this helps. I have had chrones fir 7 years now

From dawn

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, yeah the flushed skin is getting really bad for me that it looks blotchy sometimes. Wasn't sure if this is normal. I get headaches daily and they don't go away even with Tylenol or anything. Wasn't sure if this is related

• Posted

Hi kayla Have you tried Co codomol for the headaches i get these from the doctor they also help with the pain that I get from chrones

Dawn

• Posted

No, I told my doctor about the headaches and he wasn't sure what was going on. Is this in Canada?

• Posted

Hi kayla

I live in England so not sure if you call them Co codomol or not but you could always ask

Dawn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.