Methotrexate and neusea

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I've been taking Methotrexate for just over 3 years for RA and when I first started I suffered terrible neusea,

I stuck with it and it passed, I have only had a few occasions since and it has been mild, however it has been quite bad on the last 3 occasions that I have took it and yesterday was really bad all day, can anyone with this and wondered if it had returned for anyone else, thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

should of said can anyone help with this

• Posted

Hi Carole90704,

Are you taking tablets? I was nauseous nearly all week when I was taking the tablets. I was admitted to hospital with a flare up and the Consultant started me on injections. Been taking them for 11 yrs and nausea has not been a problem since.

Has the Dr given you an anti sickness tablet to take alongside the Methotrexate?

I hope you are able to get some help with this because it's a horrible thing to get.

Take care, Elspeth xxx

• Edited

Hello

I,m very suprised you havent been prescribed folic acid pills alongside Mtx and any other bio's your on.

If you are then you need to spk to your doc and if your not you still need to spk to him or her to get it prescribed as the RA can really mess with your folate levels but ad well as folic acid sorting your level,s out it really helps prevent the nausea and sickness.

Hope that help,s.

Gaz

• Edited

Goodmorning Carole

I had the same outcome unfortunately - however the change, for me has been even better - am now on Leflonomide. Don't hesitate to tell your consultant about the side effects - am told its common.

take care - stay safe

• Posted

Hi..thanks for your replies..yes I take folic acid..2 or 3 times a week..I am going to up it to 4 days which I have been told I can do to see if this helps..cant believe the neusea has returned after all this time..will see how I go

• Edited

Hi Carole, I changed from mtx tabs to injections too which gave me less nausea, however if i went above 10mg I was sick again. You do need folic acid with it too. Make notes to remember to talk to the Rheumo about it, you may forget the day to day problems by the next appt ! I now I forget when the nasty stuff passes.It doesn't work for everyone forever either , there re other choices. Lots of lights in this tunnel . GOOD luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.