Methotrexate for just over a month period back to back

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’m new to both this site and Methotrexate. I’ve beeb self injecting for just over a month and have had back to back periods since starting. The first one was regular but the second was not a week after and light ( a few pads a day). I’m 42 so am nearing the “change”, have been experiencing symptoms hit flashes, night sweats etc. 

My question is is this normal. I’ve read about periods stopping but not back to back. 

Thank you 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had this and at my regular blood monitoring my ALT was really high, so they stopped the mtx and my periods went back to normal almost straight away as did my ALT. Have you had your bloods tested recently as might be this? Fingers crossed all is ok for you
    • Posted

I had my first blood work taken on Monday or Tuesday. I thought it was only  to test liver functioning.   Don’t want to be taken off methotrexate as it’s my second kind. The first one I was allergic to. Really don’t want to start over with something new 

Thanks 

• Posted

ALT is part of the liver function test, but I also have other tests including kidneys, CRP, ESR etc

I understand wanting to remain on mtx and it might just be a case settling in as you have not been on it very long but if you do need to change again there are a range of drugs, after coming off mtx I was put on a new one and it has been brilliant for me so try to remain possitive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.