methotrexate injections

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys was at hospital yesterday seeing my RA nurse i have been on mtx tablets from september and coped not to bad at all...but i have to start injections in next few weeks was told injections gets into your system quicker than tablets just like to know how they work and does anyone been on tabs then on to injections feel the benefit more...thanks...

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

HiBob.

i was on tablets but they eventually started to make me feel sick as I had o increase the dose. Was moved to injections as they by pass your stomach.  Felt much better on them, no nausea and it does get into your system quicker. 

I definitely felt the benefit and was able to move to a lower dose. Hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

• Posted

I was on tablets for about 12 years then switched to injections. Felt better as no nausea and less fatigue. I just started Orencia with MTX yesterday so hope it will settle down. The MTX had lost a klot of it's  effectivness after over 20 years .

Wishing you good luck .

• Posted

Hi Bob, I've only just joined the forum, but yes I have transferred from tabs to injection, that was about three years ago...without any problem!

the new pen type injection is great, much like yourself, I seem to be able to tolerate Metho quite well...

Here's to a smooth transition, cheers Don..

• Posted

Cheers don start injections next monday thanks for the tip about the pen type injection ..
  • Posted

Hi 

I have just moved from tablets to injections. Was on 20mg tabs and put in 15mg injections. Felt a massive difference in side effects however the 15mg dose wasn't big enough so going up to 20 on Monday before getting up to the highest dose as my disease is active. Only downside is that my hospital make me go every week for 6 weeks before I get sign off to do the injections myself. 

• Posted

Hi Bob

I've just joined the forum. I switched from MTX tablets to injections a year ago and I was anxious about switching myself. What a difference it was, no nausea, fogginess, and it seemed to give relief within 1-2 days of injections. Go for it, I hope you notice a difference. I'm now on tocizumlab/actmetra just as MTX stopped working for me.

• Posted

Just started injections lauren to be honest i am still in great pain when taking the tablets of MTX cant see injections being any better but have to stick with them the now...i was ok with nausea on tablets been on MTX from september now just my RA is spreading to ankles kness even my back but just have to keep with it...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.