Methotrexate weight gain and weak bladder.

Posted , 3 users are following.

okay I know the doctor says there should be no weight gain but I have been on 25mg per week now for three months and have gained about 7 kilos.  I have started to monitor my eating and it is around the calorie intake prior to going on or less and I was slowly losing weight at that eating level.  Also am having a weak bladder think 9 months pregnant type bladder issues.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  No pain associated and it is working as a treatment so don't want to go off.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am on 10mg a week which os obviously insufficient as I am in constant pain.Endeavouring to inctease whilst coping with side effects,matted eyes etc.Have been on metho since 2012 with the help of steroid injs.

I have never experienced bladder problems&feel that my weight increase is due to steroids.

Well done for achieving 25mg aweek.

• Posted

Hi Kelly! What are you taking the Methotrexate for? RA or Lupus? I think it makes a big difference. It seems to. For me I take it for Lupus. I've lost weight like 15lbs BUT the drug makes me nauseaous so I dont eat much. Are you on steroids too? I eat 2 meals a day and never after 7pm and I used to drink way more so I think that helped too with weight loss. Hope you are getting better! Methotrexate is a weird drug and acts differently in different people apparently. My skin is super dry but I am way better now then I was 3 months ago!  Im on 15mg a week by the way. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.