methylprednilosone

Posted , 2 users are following.

can the 6 day pack of this med cause knee and leg pain and weakness? pain started the 2nd day on it after exercising. I finished the pack 5 days ago but my legs are still sore especially in one leg from the quad down into the knee joint, and it gets worse as the day goes on. hoping it will wear off as the drug clears out of my system.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have several joints with arthritis. Steroid drugs is class of drugs that help reduce the immune system in arthritis and help reduce pain and swelling. Sometimes my joints have to be aspirated due to fluid build up.

Call your doctor for a follow up appt. who can advise you knowing your medical history. I usually take them for 21 days and has always helped the pain and swelling .

However my doctor has a limit on how many steroids are taken safely over a period of time.

Everyone is different . Ice the area and keep the area raised to help reduce the inflammation and swelling until your next appt. 

• Posted

thanks for your reply. I just took this one time for a foot injury. it helped with the foot but the leg pain is so much worse. I
    • Posted

I would hope the leg pain is not serious. Hope the medication has not caused the leg pain. It could be good to keep the leg up and ice for 15 minutes three times a day. After hip joint surgery my leg and foot swelled up for three weeks swelling was quite painful and leg cramps. In recovery walking ice rest and holding foot up higher than the heart helped. I also worry about a blood clot causing pain in my leg. Took anti coagulant meds to reduce the problem of anurisms . I am concerned with the leg pain from your foot injury a quick call to a clinic would do a Xray to be sure the foot is healing and evaluate the leg pain. Better safe than sorry. Most advice here is only from experience.
    • Posted

my next step is to request an xray. I enjoy running so any leg injury is terrible for me. I've a feeling this one is going to take awhile to heal. as in weeks or maybe months. I should have just dealt with the foot pain and taken pain meds instead of steroids. too many side effects

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.