Metoject pen 7.5mg and hair loss

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi guys

I dont know if your all are experiment hair loss with this treatment. in my case my hair getting thiner they breaking and im very upset about it, i did have some issues with my hair before but that was to much color and high light . in a past before having using this treatment to treat my arthritis , i have been using serioxyl fuller hair ( shampoo , conditonner, serum and denser) from l oreal . it really did work for me. my hair was fuller and i was losing less hair. so im going to buy all that product again , i do know metoject got side effect of hair loss. so i really hope the serioxyl staff will work again for me. i will keep posting and let you know

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I once worked with a lady and when I complimented her hair which I noticed was much better looking then it had been, she confessed to me that it was a wig . she said her hair had been falling out and breaking and she thought it was from a permanent she had done on her hair a year earlier. I explained to her that she wouldn't continue to have hair loss or hair breakage this long after a perm and that it was more likely something wrong with her health. within a couple of months she got very very ill and had terrible swollen feet and legs and was eventually diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I really felt just awful for her, she suffered terribly from this disease as I'm sure we all do. the moral of my story is that it might be the medication but then again it might be the illness. since the hair is dead once it comes out of the scalp no amount of shampoo and conditioner or anything is going to make it grow back. it can however help keep the hair from breaking. on a final note you should check your scalp thoroughly to make sure you're not losing hair in patches. if so this is called alopecia areata and that is another kind of autoimmune disorder.

• Posted

hi amkoffee

i did noticed a small patch on a back of my head,im gutted thats for sure . i got my rhumatologie appointment in 2weeks. i will see x

thanks amkoffee

• Posted

Metoject is a pre-prepared injectable form of methotrexate, a DMARD used to treat RA. Hair loss is a common side effect of methotrexate - it doesn't matter how it is administered, injection or tablets, just injections may avoid the nausea problem but it won;t avoid other side effects.

The hair loss is caused by the action of the methotrexate on the hair follicles, the roots, and that is why you are given folic acid tablets which minimises the side effects. More folic acid is more likely to help than hair care products.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.