Metoporol

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been having a wierd heartbeat now for almost a month I think skipped beats and some fluttering. I just sent in my heart monitor this morning to be read. The Dr. prescribed for me some Metoporol tartinate 25mg and I'm wondering if you all tolerate that drug well and will it help with the skipped beats and things. I have really low blood pressure and I'm worried about that as well.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

How low is low?
    • Posted

A low blood pressure reading is having a level that is 90/60mmHg, or lower so you are just there. I swing from very high to a bit lower than that at times.

When I took BP meds or bisoprolol it dropped even more. Last night I had 87/55 and 95/63 after 150/101 in the morning. 

• Posted

I am on that stuff myself now for about a month. I still get the etopics! Does not seem to work.I was on another blood pressure med before and my pressure was realy low. In the 90's now it is higher, in the 120's. I take the same amount 2 times a day as you. It is really making me depressed. They say that will go away, but, I am not sure. I just am hanging in till I see the Dr. next month. But if the depression gets worse,well,I will call. I was on Altace before. I hope you get relief from the skips. I seem to get little ones now, but still get them.About the same. Take care. Dont worry about the low blood pressure unless you start feeling dizzy or faint. I feel very draggy with this stuff! Ugggh!I hate new med! Have a good day Farmgal!! Feel better, 

• Posted

Mabel27 I took my first dose this morning but I cut my 25mg pill in half. So far it hasn't worked except the fact that after the etopic beats or skipped beats or whatever it is it, it has stopped my heart from racing like crazy. I honestly hate this feeling. This just came out of the blue no warning or anything. 

• Posted

So, it may work if you take the whole does. Honestly, 25 i a very low dose. I would go ahead and try it . It is good it stopped the racing. But that happens after a skip sometimes as the heart is trying to catch up kinda. I really feel for you. I know your hormones can do this to you and you are young, so that could have something to do with it. And you are under alot of stress. Do you do any meditating or yoga?? I think you need to rest your mind. If your heart is sound structually, you are not in danger with palpitaitons. ( I know it is hard for me to accept too,especially since I have AFib now and a pacemaker) but it is true!!! The Dr. said mine are not life threatening, anymore than it would be for anyone!!He is one of the best Drs in the state. Was rated no 3 a couple of years ago so I have to trust him. I dont know if your are spiratual, but if so, trust in God. He is here always for you. Dont forget that. He has the best in mind for us. And when we are afraid, that is the evil ones doing. So,pray, and he will have to get away from him. Say " In Christs name" I will say a prayer for you tonight and we I just said it by writing that. Also, I remember something Mark Twain said, " I have had many worries in my life, most of which never happened" Try to rest tonight hon, God bless, Mabel

• Posted

Thank you so much and I would be very grateful for your prayers. I'm not sure yet what this heartbeat is I should find out from my heart monitor in a couple of weeks. I do pray that God take it from me because I have a lot on my plate to deal with and it makes me feel like I'm going to drop over when it happens. I have a wonderful cardiologist and he has done a nuclear stress test and then an Echocardiogram and it looked normal this happened about 2 months after all my testing. I wish I knew what brought it on and what exactly it is. I take comfort in knowing that I'm not going to die until its my time to go but they make me have anxiety. You are very sweet to pray for me and I appreciate greatly God still answers prayers. Thank you!!!

• Posted

Thank you so much for your prayers. Its nice to know that someone is praying for you. You are very sweet.
  • Posted

I have simular symptoms with Anxiety, which just appeared out of the Blue roughly Two years ago. My first experience was at work before the end of my shift, a sense or feeling of dread washed over me and in the instance I became quiet, subdued. It wasn't till I got home from work an Hour later that I thought it best to lie down. No sooner as I started to recline I felt I was about to pass out, no sooner I sat up bolt right, my Heart began to race and thud away. I was in no pain nor in any breathing difficulty just a state of panic not knowing what was happening to me, the Ambulance arrived hooking me up to the ECG which I was on for a good 4 minutes. The Paramedic assured me my Heart was fine but, for my peace of mind he was happy to run me up to the A&E. So after another ECG scan, bloods and X-ray all came back fine, anyway later after visiting the Drs he put it down to a Anxiety attack/disorder explaining these can happen anytime out the Blue for no reason. So after prescribing me 50mg Setraline I haven't had any attacks to speak of, but I do feel I have skipped heart beats the occasional thud but none that takes my breath away. So after researching this through med books, consultants assurance, and answers to my concerned questions, I have learnt that 1. A skipped heart beat is not uncommon for the normal Heart. 2. A skipped heart beat is a extra beat but only the Pause is noticed. Knowing this has somewhat eased me a little though there's always that sense of doubt. Anyway it's been Two years and I'm still in the land of the living, though it doesn't help as I worry and stress and let things play on my mind, but still, that's me 😁

• Posted

Metoprolol turned me into a no functioning adult. I couldn't and didn't want to do anything. It slowed everything down too much for me being an active person.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.