Metoprolol 25mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

My cardiologist put me on metoprolol 50mg after having palpitations . I was also diagnosed with a leaky heart value which was being monitored with no medication. Also I did notice when I would go to doctor that my BP was a little high. The meds were too strong so my family doctor reduced the dosage. to 25mg .The side effects are horrible. With taking the 25mg I'm still having bad side effects. shallow breathing to the point I thought I was going to have to go to the ER, arms and feet stayed cold, lightheadedness..etc.. My family doctor felt like I didn't need to be on this medication because all my test results (EKG, heart Ultrasound, stress test) were fine. I wish I would have litsen to him. I've only been on this medication going on 2 months and it has me not being able to function normally. I can't even go to work. Not doing my research I quit cold Turkey. I haven't taken it in 4 days I feel so bad like my body is all out of wack. I've been monitoring my blood pressure and it has been normal. Should I go back to taking half of the dosage and gradually taper off? Help!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Melissa - I'm so happy i found your forum because I am trying to get off Metoprolol as well 25mg in the morning and 25mg at night. I have felt terrible ever since starting this drug for high BP. I've felt dizzy, nauseous, hand tremors, anxiety, a strange "tingling" all over my scalp (brain?) and terrible GI issues since day 1. Since cutting it in half dosage, all of these symptoms, particularly a feeling of impending doom in my head are just terrible. If you or anyone else that might read this has the same issues and/or advice would be so very much appreciated. I just dont trust my doctor any longer.

• Posted

The good news is as heart valves as muscles they should heal but it takes alot of care and more rest rather than activity that will heal you.

• Posted

how are you now did your breathing get better? my breathing is currently affected im on this for tachycardia but i cant do these side effects!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.