metoprolol for panic attacks

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone takin metoprolol for panic attacks and anxiety. Please let me know your experiencesmile

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I take Metoprolol to keep my blood pressure stable and from going too high. When I had anxiety attacks my BP went really high, but this drug kept it from going high enough to give me a stroke. I like it, it does relax me.
  • Posted

cbt, mindfulness, yoga, breathing exercises, relaxation tapes even hypnotherapy are far better choices than jumping onto taking drugs all of which have very b=nasty side effects and not guaranteed to work and are hell to wean off. Even a beta blocker has to be weaned off. xx
    • Posted

I had a stent put in my heart so I have to take metoprolol. I agree with all of your techniques and exercises to keep BP low and calm down. I used them to get off Celexa.
    • Posted

I am just a very anxious person. My medication stopped working and that it increased my blood pressure so now here I am with blood pressure problems. SNR eyes are the only meds at work but they cause my my blood pressure  to majorly Spike. SSto don’t work for me. So my doctor is weaning me off prisiq and seeing if the blood pressure medicine helps. I’m so nervous. I have major health anxiety and have been really struggling for 3 months.
    • Posted

You won't feel any side effects with this beta blocker. As I said it keeps your BP from going real high. If anything you might feel relaxed after taking it. I take it twice a day. Once in the morning around 6am and once at night at 6pm. Best of luck. You will be on it for life and if you do want to stop, do it with a doctors or pharmacist instructions.

• Posted

Osartan reduces B/P quickly and keeps it below 120 with no side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.