Metoprolol terrible side effects and rebounds

Posted , 2 users are following.

good afternoon everyone

i was prescribed metoprolol er 25mg once a day in june. not even a week in and i started to experience horrible migraines that sent me to the ER twice. after that a whole slew of side effects started to present....

Nauseous

High blood pressure

Light sensitivity

Halo around lights

Loss of weight

Migraines

Tension in neck

Jaw pain

Ear congestion

Sinus pressure

Floaters in eyes

Dizziness lightheaded

Extreme fatigue / weakness

Depression

Anxiety

Muscle soreness / weakness

Lack of appetite

Hair loss

Blurred vision

Decreased sex drive

Tingling in hands feet arms and legs

Electric like current in head

Low energy

Dry mouth

Dry eye

Ringing in ears

Brain fog / confusion

Decreased urine out put

Chest pain

i started to feel like i was going crazy, slowly losing my mind i felt like i was constantly in a daze and everything around me was just surreal.

after three weeks i called my dr and he said i was fine it wasnt the metoprolol to keep taking it, i changed doctors and started to taper off.

my last dose was 5 weeks ago and i still dont feel back to mormal. many of the side effects have gone some taking longer than others, but the ones hanging around are the anxiety, depression, headaches tension in the back of neck and low energy (no where as bad as what they were) and occasionally now i have a high pulse rate (the cardiologist said sinus tachycardia ) and i am currently wearing a holter monitor for 2 weeks.

the cardiologist wanted me to start propranolol 20mg twice a day for the tachycardia (which comes and goes) i took two doses and started to feel very anxious and stopped taking it, i have been monitoring my pulse rate and blood pressure.

is this ever going to end? im a healthy 33 year old female and aside from mildly elevated blood pressure have never had any issues with my heart.

i know im getting better slowly but it just seems like its taking forever

i feel so weak and broken right now (which is not helping with the depression) please tell me it gets better

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

These side effects you are having could be something more sinister than just side effects from medication. You should not experience all these problems, taking an anxiety medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.