metoprolol withdrawal

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was prescribed metoprolol succinate er 25 mg for bp. Pharmacy gave me the substitute called Toprol XL by Dr. Reddy's. I only took it for 23 days and my doctor told me to stop it because It was making me more anxious. Dr said since I am on such a low dose I can stop it and do not need to wean it off. I am being told to wait for 2 weeks and check bp everyday. It has now been 4 days since I stopped it, and what I've noticed is that my HR is getting higher (115-124)when I sit down and walk around the house and feeling dizzy. Just trying to figure out how long it will take before I feel normal again.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.