Metronidazole for pelvic infection severe side effects

Posted , 2 users are following.

Any help would be amazing right now i am such a mess.

I ended up going to ER with severe pelvic pain and unable to urinate without pain. I had chills and a slight temperature too.

I had lots of swabs and was told i had a pelvic infection called pelvic inflammatory disease.

I left with doxycycline and metronidazole.

About 3 days into the course i got a call from hospital telling me i only needed to take the metronidazole as i had an anaerobic infection.

Everything was fine until day 5 when i started getting severe body aches, migranes and panic attacks almost suddenly.

I continued taking the meds until day 6 when i had one of the worse days of my life.

I think the tablets induced some kind of psychotic episode i started getting bad deja vu, my body was twitching i had strange thoughts and severe panic almost rang 999 because i thought i was having a seizure.

After 6 or so hours i calmed down and rang my doctor who was so rude.

He told me to just deal with the panic because if i didnt the infection would get worse. He said thier is no other alternative antibiotics.

I didnt take them for a day because i genuinely felt like i was dying.

The following day i continued them until today when i have just had a panic attack at work so bad that i was screaming at my collegues for help.

I have had anxiety before but this is on another level.

At this point i know if i ring my GP i will get told to deal with it again but i cannot manage this.

I am a single parent and i cannot even look after my child properly.

If i dont take them i will end up back in ER with this pelvic pain. What should i do? Any advice appreciated.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi! Can I ask what your outcome was? I have the exact same story as you I have been on the metro for only 3 days and feel like I'm going absolutely crazy I'm terrified to tale anymore of these toxic pills .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.