Metronidazole sexual side effects?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was prescribed with a metronidazole treatment. I'm supposed to take 2 tablets each day for 5 days. I took my first tablet two days ago. My problem is, since yesterday my clitoris and vagina feel numb. When trying to masturbate I feel almost nothing anymore. I also can't feel erect anymore which I find very confusing since I'm a very sexual person that is usually triggered very easily. I'm so scared this will never go away because I read that this medication can cause nerve damage. Is this normal? How long will it take to go away after the treatment? Should I stop it??

I hope you can help me out 😦

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Maybe it's not related to the medication but do you know what else it could be?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.